2013 Bar exams will be 20 percent multiple choice questions and 80 percent essay

 Philippine Bar Exam

The Bar Examinations will see yet again another change in format this 2013.

Based on Bar Bulletin No. 1, the Supreme Court (SC) disclosed that the examination structure for next year’s Bar Examinations will be comprised of 80 percent essay and 20 percent multiple choice questions, giving more weight to its old format of having more essay type questions.

In last year’s examinations, multiple choice questions composed 60 percent of the total questions, while only the remaining 40 percent comprised the essay type.

“Whether multiple choice questions or essay, the question shall be based on a given set of facts, presented as briefly but as clearly and completely as possible, taking into account that every examinee needs reading, understanding, consideration of the applicable law, and answering time for every question,” the Bulletin read.

The syllabus for the 2013 Bar Examinations will be dropped on or before Dec. 31; Supreme Court decisions up to Jan. 31, 2013 may be included in the coverage.

The examinations, which will be held at the University of Santo Tomas in Manila, will cover Political Law, Criminal Law, Remedial Law, Taxation, Civil Law, Mercantile Law, Labor Law, and Legal Ethics and Practical Exercises.

Incoming Terms: 2013 bar exam syllabus, 2013 bar syllabus, bar syllabus 2013, syllabus 2013 bar, 2012 bar exams philippines, bar questions october6 2013, Jinggoy Estrada bar exam, Law bar exam 2013 last year question